Monday 14 June 2010

Project 63: A narrative picture essay

I have chosen a subject close to home for this essay. My mother has been visiting recently and she is a wicked baker. I got her help with baking a family favourite; Oaty Chocolate Bars, and have photographed the process. This was a fun exercise and a challenge to get interesting viewpoints and make each photo different. I think it has worked fairly well, though the photos are not the best I have taken. I used my mains flash to provide additional lighting in the kitchen.

Here is the recipe, it's also on the photos:

1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups plain flour
3/4 cup castor sugar
3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
3/4 cup sultanas
3/4 cup choc bits
180g butter, melted
1/4 cup golden syrup, warmed

1. Grease 20 x 30cm tray, cover with greasproof paper
2. Combine oats, flour, sugar, nuts, sultanas and choc bits. Stir in butter and syrup.
3. Press mixture evenly into pan
4. Bake in a moderate oven for 25 mintues or until lightly browned
5. Cool slightly in pan before cutting

Enjoy!

From Project_63


From Project_63


From Project_63







No comments:

Post a Comment