Monday 7 June 2010

Exercise 4: An Active Portrait

Exercise 4: An Active Portrait

The aim of this exercise was to photograph someone engaged in an activity. We were time limited due to the constraints of having my baby with us, but I managed to get some good photos of my subject, our baby massage teacher Jane. She was demonstrating how to give a baby massage on her 'baby', Joe. I felt like the session went quite well but I am still not very good at relaxing my subject and helping her to feel at ease. This is something I need to practice, and possibly would be made easier by using a tripod for the camera so that I don't have to be looking through the camera while photographing.

Photo 1: Setting up Joe for his massage
From Exercise_4


Photo 2: A high angle photograph of Jane demonstrating a leg massage
From Exercise_4


Photo 3: Jane demonstrating an alternative position for a back massage for a baby
From Exercise_4


Photo 4: Jane demonstrating an alternative position for a back massage for a baby, making eye-contact with the camera helps to make the photograph more personable
From Exercise_4


Photo 5: As Photo 4, but from a slightly higher angle
From Exercise_4


Photo 6: A different pose, closer in with Joe over her shoulder getting a back massage. Some minor editing in PS to lighten.
From Exercise_4


Photo 7: A different pose, closer in with Joe over her shoulder getting a back massage. By the end of the session we were both feeling more comfortable, and I think this is probably the best shot. Some minor editing in PS to lighten.
From Exercise_4




More practice required, but it was fun to photograph Jane with Joe, and I think she was more relaxed having something to do while I was taking the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment