Monday 21 June 2010

Exercise 6: The best of a sequence

I set up a photoshoot with the daughter of a friend who is a keen football player. I photographed her sitting with her football in the garden (bright sunshine but we chose the shady part). I took about 20 photos of her, of which I deleted 6 (closed eyes etc) immediately. I thought as I was taking the photos that the best one/s were about 2/3 of the way through the sequence, when my subject was really laughing and smiling nicely at the camera.

I reviewed the photos later on the computer and still felt that this photo was the best one of the sequence, though I liked a couple of others also.

Here are the photos as displayed in my browser (digiKam) in sequence.
From Exercise_6


I then chose this photo as my favourite and have cropped it in photoshop.

From Exercise_6

42mm, f/4.5, 1/125s, ISO100, natural light

I found this project easier than some of the others because I set the camera on a tripod and could step away from it, thus enabling better eye-contact and interaction with my subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment