Monday 21 June 2010

Exercise 8: Varying Pose

I set up a photoshoot with the daughter of a friend who is a keen football player. We posed her standing, kneeling and lying down. We varied how she posed in each photograph, and adjusted where the ball was and how she used her hands. It was fun trying out different poses, but I still felt a bit strange suggesting poses, though it got a bit easier during the session.

Here is a screenshot showing the variety of poses which we tried.
From Exercise_8


My favourite photos are below:

Photo 1: Standing
Here my subject is standing with her arms crossed. I like the triangluar shape made by her arms and body.
From Exercise_8

42mm, f/4.5, 1/125s, ISO100

Photo 2: Kneeling
In this photo my subject is kneeling, holding the ball in her hand. I like the angles created in this image.
From Exercise_8

38mm, f/4.5, 1/90s, ISO100

Photo 3: Lying
This is my favourite photo, of my subject lying on the ground with her ball in front of her. I think she looks quite relaxed and happy and the background is nicely blurred due to the shallow DOF.
From Exercise_8

51mm, f/4.5, 1/90s, ISO100

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about posing people, and so much easier when you
    1) know the people
    2) a little tipsy or
    3) hope you will never see them again.
    Especially around good lookin' chix... I get SO shy!

    ReplyDelete