Thursday 27 November 2008

Project 3: Focus with different apertures

Eugh, this was difficult. I recognise the reason we need to do this project but nonetheless I found it hard to find a subject that was interesting enough to have both just part of the image in crisp focus (and background blurry) and also have the whole thing in focus. I also needed to choose my lens carefully to make sure the results would be obvious. I don't really think these photos below are excellent photos, but they show the point of the project (I think) which was to show the difference between different aperture settings (while matching appropriate shutter speeds of course). I used a tripod, cable release and converted to B&W in the GIMP during post-processing.

Photo 1:
24mm, 1/200sec, f/2.8, 400 ISO, Tripod, B&W in GIMP

Photo 2:
24mm, 1/30sec, f/7.1, 400 ISO, Tripod, B&W in GIMP

Photo 3:
24mm, 1/3sec, f/22, 400 ISO, Tripod, B&W in GIMP

This project was good for me to carefully think about a subject and then to execute it.

No comments:

Post a Comment