Tuesday 15 February 2011

Exercise 16: Exploring Function

The task of this project was to start looking at spaces/rooms/buildings with a view to their use. How will a person/people use this space, what is the purpose of the room? I chose to photograph the yoga studio where I studied in Edinburgh(see my previous post regarding this exercise).
I found this exercise harder than it first appeared. I went there thinking that I had to take a series of photos of the studio, which was relatively easy. Upon rereading the task, I actually should have gone with the aim of taking _one_ photograph of the area to reflect it's purpose/use. In hindsight this makes sense - we need to have the skills to capture the use of a room in its totality, not to seperate it out into chunks (which was a fun process too). Anyhow, I did take one photo which I feel captures the space (or part of it at least) though is perhaps not the best one I could have taken if I had the opportunity again. I will try this exercise again with another room... In the meantime, here is the photo which I feel captures the lightness and fresh feeling in the studio.

From Yoga_Room

No comments:

Post a Comment