Thursday 1 July 2010

Day 2, portrait 2

Today I went out in the rain to take some photos. Already this project has forced me to make some changes to my photography - I put on my lightest lens (the plastic fantastic - 50mm f/1.8) because I was already laden with my 5 month old and all the associated paraphernalia (one of the main reasons I have not been taking photos much lately). This meant that I could whip the camera out when I needed to take a photo and not worry about changing focal length. This is good for street photography, though some people would certainly say that a shorter focal length would be better (it is closer to 80mm full frame equivalent). Anyway, it suited my purposes for today.

Today's photo is of a young woman waiting at the bus stop - she is nicely looking up at the electronic board which tells us when the next bus approaches. I don't think she noticed me taking a few snaps, and I am quite happy with this photo. I have cropped a little to remove some bright reflections from the left side of the photo from the wet road. I really like the way the umbrella frames the photograph, and her hands are neatly crossing her chest.

From Portrait_Project

No comments:

Post a Comment