Sunday 1 November 2009

Project 43: Through the day

The aim of this project was to observe how light changes throughout the day, but taking a photo of the same scene once per hour through the day. I chose a simple scene (two trees with autumn leaves) across the road so that it was easy to access at hourly intervals. The quality of light was distinctly better (nicer for photography) at the start and end of the day, though I didn't capture any nice sunset or sunrise colours in the sky. It was very interesting simply to observe the changes through the day, as well as documenting them with the camera. I learnt early (9am!) that before I chose my viewpoint I should have thought about where the sun would pass through the sky! It went straight through my planned image, so that one was a write-off! Oh well, it's all a learning experience! Most elements were kept the same through the day - tripod, 50mm lens, ISO100, f/8 apart from the 5pm photo which was f/2.8 due to the low light levels, White Balance set to sunlight. The exposure changed as the light levels did.

7am
1sec
8am
1/45sec
9am
1/250s
10am
1/90s
11am
1/90s
12pm
1/125s
1pm
1/125s
2pm
1/90s
3pm
1/60s
4pm
1/20s
5pm
8sec

2 comments: