Thursday 15 October 2009

Project 42: Judging Colour Temperature

Moving on to 'Natural Light' projects, the aim of this project is to observe the differences of colour temperature. The three photos of the same subject are taken under different natural light conditions, and the differences are clear though not quite as marked as I would have expected.

Photo 1: Full sunlight, middle of the day.
This photo looks quite neutral coloured.
54mm, f/8, 1/250s, ISO200

Photo 2: Middle of the day, shade.
I would have expected a stronger blue cast on this photo.
32mm, f/4.5, 1/250s, ISO200

Photo 3: Evening, full sunlight.
The skin here looks very brown! Much more so than I thought when taking this photo. I think the skin colours are a bit wrong here and could do with some correcting, though I guess normally at sunset we would like to see these nice warm colours.
24mm, f/9.5, 1/250s, ISO320

1 comment:

  1. I found it quite hard to get my head and my eyes round this project. There are so many variables that it is hard to get the effects you expect - of course that is the whole point!

    ReplyDelete